About Dr. Steven Williams
Steven Williams, MD is a board certified plastic surgery in practice in the San Francisco area at Tri Valley Plastic Surgery. He leads the Tri Valley Plastic Surgery team providing outstanding cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. His education and training has exclusively been at ivy league institutions (Dartmouth for college, Yale University for medical school and residency training).
He specializes in cosmetic face, body and breast work. At Tri Valley Plastic Surgery we are one of the busy practices for breast augmentation and are the leaders in body contouring with techniques like minimal pain tummy tucks and fat transfer to enhance patient curves including hips, buttocks and breasts.
Dr. Steven Williams is a passionate plastic surgery professional with a decade of
hands-on expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He occupies leadership roles at the local, state and national level and is frequently sought for his expertise. Not only is he
involved with individualized patient care, but he is also a pioneer in the
greater agendas of the plastic surgery realm – even lobbying in Washington, DC
for insurance rights for breast cancer survivors.
- Undergraduate with honors in Biology - Dartmouth College
- Medical doctorate - Yale University
- Six-year internship and residency training in plastic and reconstructive surgery
Yale University; Trained in advanced cosmetic techniques
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Academic Chairman of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Expert reviewer for the state of California
- Board of Directors, VP of Aesthetic Surgery American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Executive Committee American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- First unilateral DIEP breast reconstruction in Kaiser's Central Valley region
- First bilateral DIEP breast reconstruction in Kaiser's Central Valley region
- First microsurgical upper extremity reconstruction in Kaiser's Central Valley region
- First microsurgical lower extremity reconstruction in Kaiser's Central Valley region
- Started a microsurgical reconstructive program at Kaiser Permanente Diablo
- Co-founder of Kaiser Permanente’s Central Valley plastic surgery department
Dr. Williams finds great joy in being able to use his expertise to help those in
need – especially children. One of his favorite ways to give back is by working
with handhelp.org to provide hand surgery to children internationally.