Deviated Septum Surgery should I Go to a Plastic Surgeon?

It may sound strange but I like the way my nose looks, it just doesn't work that well, especially the right nostril. I had an E.E.N.T. doctor do this when I was 17, but the results were not very good. I'm 53 now, and haven't found the obstruction any easier to deal with. Should I go to a plastic surgeon to get surgery to have the deviated septum fixed?

Redo Rhinoplasty

There are some great answers here. I agree that both ENT (facial plastic surgeons) and plastic surgeons are well trained to handle this issue. However, what you should focus on is finding a surgeon that also has experience in redo rhinoplasties. Trying to fix a problem a second time around can lead to additional challenges. A board certified ENT or plastic surgeon is a good place to start, but make sure you find someone who has experience with redo (revision) rhinoplasties. I hope this helps!

Back to Patient Questions

We are leaders in breast enhancement, body sculpting, and facial cosmetic surgery, serving the entire San Francisco Bay area. Whether you live in the Bay Area or are coming in from out of town, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have on your path to your new self. Schedule an intro call with us today to take the first step towards realizing the look you’ve always wanted for yourself.

Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at (925) 217-8953.
Book Now Contact Us